With spring comes fresh vegetables, and for those with fresh tomatoes to spare, the caprese salad is an excellent choice. Consisting of only tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and a few seasonings, the fresh veggies get center stage. An eye-catching alternative compared to the usual Caesar and Garden salads, Caprese is sure to be a welcome fit at your first spring barbeque.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep - 15 min | Ready In - 15 min
- On a large platter, alternate and overlap the tomato slices, mozzarella cheese slices, and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.