We often like to share BBQ tips and recipes during the summer months, but sometimes all you have time for is a simple, healthy salad. This recipe is fun,
flexible, and, most importantly, delicious!
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 15 ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the beans, pickles, celery, parsley and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and thyme, then scatter the red onion, orange pepper and red pepper flakes around the pan.
- Cook until the chicken is browned on the bottom and the onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, add 1/4 cup water, cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 8 more minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board; discard the thyme.
- Add the cooked onion to the bean mixture.
- Thinly slice the chicken against the grain and add to the bean mixture.
- Add the greens and tomatoes then toss to combine.