It's easy to lose track of time when you're out enjoying the sun on a beautiful summer day. If you arrive home and realize you haven't eaten yet, these simple but delicious chicken tacos are sure to hit the spot. This easy-to-follow, and highly customizable recipe is perfect for a quick bite on a warm summer evening!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs – cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt, cumin, chili powder to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 cans (4 Ounce) diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Sauté chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add seasoning, vinegar, green chilies, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, onions, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cilantro, cheese, sour cream and salsa.