Roasted Balsamic Chicken with Baby Tomatoes
Chicken is an amazing source of protein, but there's no doubt it needs a little dressing up. Balsamic vinegar and baby tomatoes make an excellent accompaniment, packing big flavor without excess fat or sugar - even better, they're quintessential summer ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 Minutes
Ready in: 4 hours 50 minutes (Includes marinade time)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, or more to taste, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and garlic together in an oven-safe baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Lie the chicken breasts in the vinegar mixture.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roast chicken in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Add tomatoes to the baking dish and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Sprinkle lemon zest and drizzle lemon juice over the chicken.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.