Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
If you can't make the Chocolate Festival and your sweet tooth has been whet from Halloween, why not celebrate at home with this tasty Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Moist and fudgy, with a slight tang, it's a perfect antidote to the fall chills. Feel free to add your own variations, maybe make it a double chocolate cake with some chocolate frosting or add a cream cheese icing for a more filling dish.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Prep 15 m | Cook 50 m | Ready In 1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
Recipe courtesy: All Recipes