Shortbread cookies, chocolate macaroons, gingerbread men- we all know what treats to expect during the holiday season. This year, stand out from the crowd at your family get-together or your office holiday potluck by bringing something new to the dessert table.
This fruity snack is great for after dinner or with your morning coffee. That's real dessert versatility!
Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 1 hour
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter, cut into small chunks
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 egg, beaten
1 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Feel free to add more cranberries, walnuts, or orange juice to suit your taste buds.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
4. Stir butter into flour mixture until combined, then add orange juice, orange zest and egg and continue mixing.
5. Add cranberries and walnuts.
6. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
How it’s made
This recipe was sourced by allrecipes.com.