Looking for a delicious salad that is filling, yummy and very easy? This fig and prosciutto salad is the perfect thing to bring to the beach or a picnic. It's very easy to assemble and the combination of sweet and savoury creates an interesting balance of flavours.
Take your special someone on a picnic and surprise them with this beautiful salad!
- 6 figs (Italian if possible, as they are in season from June to August – Greek figs September to November)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- Soft buffalo mozzarella
- Thai basil (or purple)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of good quality honey (Dandelion or Blackcurrent honey, if you’re feeling fancy)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Make the base of your salad using the Thai basil
- Cut at least six slices of buffalo mozzarella and place on top of the basil.
- Cut an ‘X’ into the top of each fig, and then pinch the bottom of each one so that the top kind of ‘blossoms’ out exposing the inside of the fig which will allow it to absorb the great dressing.
- Take each slice of prosciutto and wrap them around the base of each fig
- Place the figs with prosciutto on top of the buffalo mozzarella
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, honey with a bit of sea salt and pepper and then drizzle over everything.