March is Nutrition Month, so we have selected a simple recipe that is filled with nutritious ingredients that you may not readily have in your home. We encourage you to cook outside of the box for the month and try some foods that can bring some variety into your diet as well as your pantry.
This easy to make recipe is great for an afternoon snack, or anytime you need a boost of energy. Make double the recipe and save it for later too!
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 2 tbsp Oat Flour
- Oats – rich in fiber and excellent for reducing cholesterol and provide long lasting energy.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil - Rich, creamy, and sweet, it adds flavour as well as health benefits.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Sugar – Low glycemic ingredient, slow burning and adds just the right amount of sweetness to a recipe.
- 2 tbsp Goji Berries
- Goji Berries – Tender, juicy, filled with antioxidants, fiber and protein.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Cacao Clusters
- Cacao (aka chocolate) – Magnesium, calcium and a source of energy.
- 1 tbsp Banana Powder
- Banana Powder – B vitamins, potassium and delicious
- 1 tbsp Roasted Hemp Seeds
- Hemp Seeds -loaded with omega 3's and fiber.
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Sea Salt – We all need a little salt in our diet. It also makes sweet tastes sweeter!
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Cinnamon – natural food preservative, lowers cholesterol and adds ...well cinnamon’s distinct flavour.
How it’s made!
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine the oats, oat flour, banana powder, coconut sugar, coconut oil in a bowl and combine until the coconut oil is melted in.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once part way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place baked oats in a large bowl and combine with hemp seeds, cacao clusters, goji berries, cinnamon and sea salt.