Spring is a colorful season, so why not create a colorful and flavorful dish with fresh ingredients to compliment it?
This simple recipe leaves plenty of room for variation. So feel free to give it a twist and make it your own!
- 1.5 lb. skinless, boneless halibut cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Combine cubed halibut, lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, minced jalapeno peppers, and 1 diced mango in a non-metallic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- After the ceviche has sat for 1 1/2 hours, add the green pepper, sweet onion, and red onion. Mix well, then recover and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
- Fold in the remaining diced mango, cilantro, and parsley; season to taste with salt before serving.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.