Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start you day off right with this fast, easy, and nourishing jar of Overnight Oats! Packed with protein, fat, fibre, and complex carbohydrates, this little jar will keep you full and fueled through to lunch!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup non-dairy beverage (almond or coconut)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- Add your oats, banana, chia seeds, cinnamon and your non-dairy beverage to a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup frozen berries and put in the fridge to thaw overnight
- In the morning, stir your oat mixture (add a bit more 'milk' to desired consistency)
- Make 3 layers in your mason jar with your oat mixture, almond butter and fruit
- Enjoy immediately - or throw the jar in your bag to enjoy at work!
Recipe courtesy of Stacey Wetmore Nutrition.