Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables with Thyme and Maple Syrup
Looking for healthy and unique ideas to go with your turkey this Thanksgiving? We have a recipe that puts a simple twist on a sweet potato and veggie side, is easy to make and could be a delicious addition to your feast; even add any of your favourite vegetables to this mix.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into long, thin rectangles
- 1 large carrot, cut into long, thin rectangles
- 1 parsnip, cut into long, thin rectangles
- Extra-virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scatter pieces of sweet potato, carrot, and parsnip onto a jelly roll pan; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are partially soft, about 30 minutes. Scatter thyme sprigs over vegetables and drizzle with maple syrup. Return to oven and bake until vegetables are soft, about 15 more minutes.
Recipe courtesy: All Recipes